Saturday, June 21, 2008

Welcome to Implausible Dreams! - Euro 2008

Have you been following Euro 2008?

If not, what rock are you stuck under, and what do we need to get you out from under it?

ESPN and ABC could not have asked for a better year to take this great tournament into mainstream America. What incredible games. It isn't too late to start following the games - they are in the quarterfinals now and if things continue at this pace, people are going to start dying of heart attacks from all the incredible drama.

As usual, I have made some more additions to most of my pages, including the page about Janice and her radio show, my Dallas Stars page Cygnus X-1, and the US Soccer Links page.

FWIW, I transitioned my June 9 entry into a mini-Rangers page. I also added a few things to the links on the right - including some basic stuff I use regularly (CNN for news, the Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star Telegram for general local sports, Weather.com, etc., and some general working links like MapQuest, Wikipedia, Google).

For now, take a look at the following pages:

Janice and The Music Therapy Show
Cygnus X-1 (Dallas Stars)
Neil Peart Condolences Page
US Soccer Links Page (a bit under construction still, but recently revised)
Texas A&M University Sports Page

Soon to come/under construction (current link to old page):
Motorcycle Beginner Basics Page
Chaotica (my music)

I don't plan on updating The Red Book (originally about the Dallas Burn, now FC Dallas) as I work for the team and I'm going to leave that stuff up to the official team sources, the media and the fans.

I also will probably not update the original idea that sparked Implausible Dreams, my World Cup Resource page, as I probably won't have time to. If that changes, I'll consider it. But for now, use the US Soccer Links page to get access to that stuff.

Here is the original post, "Implausible Dreams Returns!" It contains a more detailed description of why we're back.

For those so interested, here is the link to my old
Main Page. And then there is the link to my REALLY old Main Page.

For those visiting for the first time or otherwise not familiar with my old site, here is a (somewhat) brief summary.

Implausible Dreams

"Why Implausible Dreams?" THIS is why. I'm pretty happy that I've been able to experience a number of them come true, including a number of USA soccer triumphs on three continents and the construction of an incredible soccer specific venue in the DFW MetroPlex, among others.

As mentioned above, the original idea for Implausible Dreams was to put together a World Cup Resource for the 2002 World Cup, and things just grew from there.

No comments: