Sunday, May 11, 2008

Neil Peart Condolences Page

A long time ago, a favorite musician of mine, Neil Peart of the band Rush, suffered an incredible set of tragedies. In a somewhat rare situation, he chose to keep his experience and mourning private. This was completely understandable, but unique. One of the specific things that I believe he asked for was to not have fans write in to him.

Now, at the time and even now, I get that. And certainly, I and most of his fans want to respect that.

On the other hand, while certainly not as directly affected as he was, I think many of us were touched by Neil and that his experiences impacted us as well. As such, I put together the Neil Peart Condolences Page. It was designed to be a voice for those who wanted to share their thoughts and feelings about Neil and Rush and how they impacted our lives.

The original page detailed a few more things, including the incidents in question and Neil's journey after that, up to the writing of the book Ghost Rider. And I had a number of people email me their thoughts that I have shared on that page.

Unfortunately, I lost the ability to update the page a few years back and until recently didn't have the avenue to include other submissions I received. Thankfully, now I can. I will periodically update this section of my page with new entries. A note about entries - which you can submit via email to klindstr@flash.net: Please proofread them well as I am going to be a reluctant editor.

For now, though, please take a look at the original page and let me know your thoughts.

No comments: